And So It Begins
I feel as though everything in my life has been leading up to now. I’ve always had dreams for myself: go to college, live in a big city, have good relationships with my family members, get a great job, be proud of myself, be happy.
As of last week, I can finally say that I have accomplished all of those things thus far:
- I graduated from college in June.
- I have wonderful relationships with all four of my parents and all of my siblings, not to mention my extended family.
- I signed the lease for an apartment in San Francisco.
- I have an internship at a great company and I couldn’t be happier about it.
- I am proud of myself and all I have accomplished – especially the apartment and internship, two things that happened last week.
- I might not be as happy as I could be, but I’m working on it and all the things I just listed sure do help.
Of course, I haven’t officially moved in to my apartment (that happens this weekend) and I haven’t actually started my internship (I begin tomorrow), but man, I just feel like my life is really taking off!
Don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of things that I still want to accomplish in my life, but I am just now starting to feel like a real adult. All of my goals until now have been for my younger self. They were for the me that existed before 2012. The me that was focused on my profession, friends, and dreams. The 22-and-younger me only knew a life that consisted of classes, homework, papers, to and from campus, etc. etc. This new me, the 23-and-older me, has moved on from school, is entering the corporate world, and is ready for new challenges and experiences.
Now, even though it is only 8:20pm, I think I am going to go pick out my outfit for tomorrow, crawl in to bed, read a book, and get a good night’s sleep before my big day tomorrow.
San Francisco, I’m ready for you!