Okay, so here’s the scoop:
I won tickets to a convention called South By Southwest Interactive (SXSWi) in Austin, TX. I entered a contest on Twitter* not thinking that I would win, but I did.
The ticket only covers the entrance (something that I could never afford on my own), which means that I’d have to purchase a plane ticket – I have a friend who lives in Austin, the lovely Nikol over at Who’s Austin, which means that I would stay with her and not have to worry about a hotel.
It’s going to be expensive (plane ticket and food), but would it be totally worth it? It sounds like the kind of thing I would absolutely love – start-ups, tech presentations, networking, social media – all things I love!
A few thoughts:
- I would be going alone, which means I would be completely out of my comfort zone.
- I never do anything spontaneous which means that this would be kind of a first for me.
- I made a decision that I want to be more outgoing and likable.
- I never win anything, so to win something this big is kind of intense.
- I’ve never been to Texas.
Would it be crazy if I went? Would it be crazy if I didn’t go? Thoughts?
*The contest I entered and the company I won from are completely unrelated to any clients I work with.